Monday, July 1, 2013

Christian Flu

July 1, 2013

Good Morning My Beloved Ones,

I pray you see the good in others and overlook the bad.  Love covers a multitude of sins.

Today I want to talk about “Christian Flu”.  I’m sure you’ve heard of the swine Flu and the Bird Flu, but I doubt you’ve ever heard of the Christian Flu.  That’s because I just made it up to illustrate a point.

I caught the flu this year along with 40% of the
people living in the United States.  I did my best to avoid it.  I was inoculated against it, washed my hands regularly, stayed away from people who were sick and tried to boost my immune system.  I caught it anyway.  How do you catch the flu?  You are surrounded by so many sick people and germs everywhere you go that no matter how strong your defenses, you eventually succumb to it.

If you are like me, you have had such a personal experience with Jesus Christ (have been miraculously healed and provided for, have had sin forgiven, have been given joy, peace and purpose) that you want everyone you love to experience it too.  If you’re like me, you’ve probably asked these people to church, bought them Bibles, bombarded them with books and teachings that have blessed you, all with less than the desired effect.

I’ve come to learn that a desire for Christ is more caught than taught.  The key to leading loved ones into a relationship with Christ is to be a Christian Flu.  There needs to be so many Christians out there spreading the love of Christ that no matter where the non-believer goes, he is surrounded by it.  Even if he’s stayed away from the things of God, washed his hands of Him, tried to inoculate himself against Christianity or build up an immunity to it, the love of Christ is so prevalent he ends up “catching” it anyway.

Baseball coaches have encouraged their players to “be the ball”.  I want to encourage you, beloved ones, to “be the flu”.  Infect those around you with the love of Christ and a desire for Him.  If they are surrounded by it, despite their best efforts to the contrary, they can’t help but succumb to it.

Doing my part to start an epidemic, Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment