Monday, March 24, 2014

Strong for so Long

March 24, 2014
Good Morning My Beloved Ones,
    I pray you are soaking up the sunshine, drinking in the fresh air and reveling in every blessing God has brought your way.
    Today I want to talk to you about “Strong for so Long”.  In a phone conversation the other night, I heard it said of me, “She’s a widow.  We need to help her.”  And I thought, that’s not entirely true.  I was a widow, but I remarried and that husband left me – not exactly the same thing.  But as I was walking today, the Lord told me, “But you are a widow. Your marriage ended suddenly and the husband you loved is no longer in your life and he even told you, ‘The man you married is dead. Move on.’  You are both fatherless and a widow”.  
    But my father died in 1994, I argued with the Lord.  “Is he able to be a part of your life?”  No, I answered.  “I am Father to the fatherless and Husband to the widow”, He answered.  “You are both”.  In that moment I broke down and wept.  I grieved for all I’d lost.  I had been strong for so long.  I carried the load my father would have borne for me; I carried the portion my husband was to bear.  And I realized that I’ll not have to carry it all any longer – I have a Father and a Husband and He is ever with me.


    If your father has died (whether you are a child or an adult), has abandoned you physically or emotionally, or if you never knew him or his love you are fatherless, beloved one.  And God is Father to the fatherless.
    If your spouse has died (whether you are a man or a woman), or has abandoned you physically or emotionally, you are a widow.  God pleads the cause of the widow. (Psalm 68:5)
    There is such comfort in knowing I no longer have to be strong all the time.  My Father and my Husband are there to help.

Much loved and well cared for,  Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment