Monday, September 30, 2013

Buyer's Remorse

September 30, 2013

Good Morning My Beloved Ones,

            I pray that should the Lord suddenly return, He find you eagerly waiting and about His business.

            Today I want to talk to you about “Buyer’s Remorse”.  When we purchase something, we exchange something of value (usually money) for the object of our desire.  Sometimes, after the purchase is made, the buyer feels he paid too high a price or that the object purchased wasn’t worth the price he paid.  It’s called buyers remorse.  Have you experienced it?  I have.

            I Corinthians 6:20 tells us that we have been bought with a price.  The price was very costly.  We were paid for with the blood of One who chose to give His life in exchange for our eternal freedom.  I think sometimes about the humiliation and torture that Jesus endured upon that cross and think, “Lord, was I worth it?  Do you ever look at the life I’m choosing to live and wish you hadn’t?  Was the price too great to pay for what you got in exchange?”  It’s a sobering thought.  It’s a question I don’t take lightly.

        
   Jesus knew the price He would have to pay for our salvation.  In the Garden of Gethsemane, He prayed so earnestly to the Father asking if there was any other way (basically trying to negotiate a lower price) that the blood vessels in His forehead broke.  And when the Father said the price was non-negotiable, He agreed to pay it.

            What did Jesus get in return?  Romans 5:7,8 puts it this way:  “For scarcely a righteous man one will die; yet perhaps for a good man some would even dare to die.  But God commendeth His love toward us, in what while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”  Jesus knew what He was paying the ultimate price for:  people who didn’t know Him, didn’t love Him, and were openly rebelling against Him.  It really sounds like He got the raw end of the deal, doesn’t it?  How could He not have buyer’s remorse?

            But He doesn’t!  Listen to what Hebrews 12:2 says, “Looking unto
Jesus…who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross…”  We are that joy, beloved ones!  He not only felt that we, at our worst, were worth suffering and dying for, He counted it a joy!

            I don’t know about you, beloved, but that makes me determined to want to live a life worthy of such love, worthy of such sacrifice.  We can never repay Christ for what He did for us.  We can’t do enough good deeds or become holy enough.  Even if we spent every waking moment reading the Bible or in church or doing for others, it wouldn’t be enough.  But He doesn’t ask us to do any of those things.  All He wants from us is our love.  I love Jesus because He first loved me.  I will never, could never love anyone more.  I hope that is true of you as well.


Not worthy but worth it – His grateful servant - Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment