Wednesday, March 18, 2015

There's a Promise for That

Good Morning My Beloved Ones,

     I pray that you feel the love of Christ constantly surrounding you and that you walk in it everywhere you go.
 
     Today I want to talk to you about "There's a Promise for That".  I saw a commercial that declared that whatever you had need of..."there's an app for that".  God could do a similar commercial for His best-selling book.  Because in this book, no matter what you have need of ... there's a promise for that.  Let's check out a few.
 
     Are you lonely?  There's a promise for that in Hebrews 13:5 - "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  Are you anxious?  There is a promise for that in Isaiah 36:3 - "He will keep him in perfect peace whos mind is stayed on thee".  Feeling outnumbered?  There's a promise for that in Romans 8:31 - "If God be for us, who then can be against us."  Are you sick?  There is a promise for that in Exodus 15:26 - "I am the Lord that healeth thee".  Are you worried about money?  There's a promise for that in Deuteronomy 8:18 - "For it is He that giveth thee power to get wealth."  Don't know what to do next?  There's a promise for that in Psalm 37:23 - "The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord."  Do you feel burdened by sin?  There's a promise for that in I John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  Are you wondering about Heaven?  There's a promise for that in John 14:2,3 - "I go to prepare a place for you...that where I am you may be also."  And that's just a few.
 
     I am aware that apps aren't always all they are cracked up to be.  My mom and I were the only guests at my niece's baby shower who weren't at least 30 minutes late.  All the others used a GPS app that gave them wrong directions.  They all got lost.  How do we know the promises recited earlier are not faulty as well?  You guessed it...there's a promise for that in Numbers 23:19 - "God is not a man that He should lie... has He said and shall not He do it? Or hath He spoken and shall He not make it good?"
 
     Apps are a great invention and very useful.  But they are made by man and men fail.  Let the Word of God meet all your needs beloved ones.  With it you will never lose your way and become lost.  How can I be sure?  Because there is a promise for that too, in John 17:12.
 
Standing on the Promises, Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment