Monday, September 16, 2013

Becoming Moses

September 16, 2013

Good Morning My Beloved Ones,

            I pray that God smiles on you today and that you feel the warmth from head to toe.

            Today I want to talk to you about “Becoming


Moses”.  If you could pick any personality in the Bible to be like (other than Jesus), who would you choose?  David was a man after God’s own heart, but I wouldn’t want to be at war as much as he was.  Solomon was wise and rich, but he also lost his anointing and had his eyes put out.  I’d love to preach and do miracles like Paul, but I could do without prison, being shipwrecked, beaten and left for dead, etc.  I think I would choose Moses.  Go used him to deliver His people, performed miracles through him and listen to what God says about Moses in Numbers chapter 12:  “If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known to him in a vision and will speak to him in a dream.  My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.  With him will I speak mouth to mouth and not in dark places, and the likeness of the Lord shall he behold; why then are you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”  Oh, to have God speak of me that way!  But Moses did not become this person overnight.  Indeed, there was a process to becoming this Moses that we all must follow if we wish to be like him.

            For the first 40 years of Moses’ life he lived in Egypt in Pharoah’s palace.  He was a prince in the land; a man of  authority.  He was somebody.  
The 2nd 40 years of Moses’ life was spent tending sheep in the desert of Midian.  Egyptians regarded shepherds as an abomination.  No longer prince of Egypt, Moses was now nobody.  

The 3rd 40 years of Moses’ life was spent heeding the call of God, delivering His people out of the bondage of Egypt and leading them to the Promised Land.  Moses became God’s body.


 We can have the kind of relationship Moses had with God.  We just have to follow the path he did.  We have to reach the place in our lives where it’s not all about us – where we allow God to take us from being somebody to realizing we are nobody without him.  In this broken and humbled state, we can hear the call of God on our lives and allow ourselves to be used as the Lord sees fit.  We can become God’s body.

            Do you see yourselves along this path, beloved ones?  Are you living the self-centered life of a somebody?  Have you been broken and humbled and are feeling like a nobody?  Maybe you’ve been through both these stages and have heard the call of God on your life and are ready to start being God’s body.  Wherever you are on the journey, keep pressing on.  It took Moses 120 years to become the man God spoke so highly of.  It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen.


Living for the day I hear my Lord say, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant”, your sister in Christ, Raelynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment