Monday, October 14, 2013

Help!...I've Fallen...

October 14, 2013 

Good Morning My Beloved Ones,

I pray your heart is kind, your words are sweet and your hands are quick, to help.

Today I want to talk to you about, “Help, I’ve fallen…”  By now you’ve probably come to the realization that none of us are perfect and we are all going to fail at times.  Like the bumper sticker says, “Christians aren’t perfect, they’re just forgiven.”  Since falling is a given, let’s talk about what happens when you fall.



When I introduced the topic of this letter, most of you probably finished the line from the commercial in your mind: “…and I can’t get up.”  You are chuckling, but the truth is that the advertising and the “wisdom” of this world permeates our thinking and often gives us a mindset that a counterproductive to a successful walk with the Lord.  If we hear the words, “Help, I’ve fallen” and immediately think, “and I can’t get up”, do you suppose that could subconsciously hinder our ability to recover from the fall?  Proverbs 24:16 tells us that a just man can fall seven times and the Lord picks him up every time.  I want to train your mind to learn a new jingle:  “Help, I’ve fallen and the Lord picks me up.”  Go on.  Say it a few times.  Let the truth of it roll over your lips and spill down into your soul.

So often when we fall and our immediate thought is “-and I can’t get up”, we dig ourselves deeper into which we’ve fallen.  We beat ourselves up for falling in the first place; we believe Satan’s lies that a “good” Christian wouldn’t have fallen, so why would God want to pick us up?  Some of us believe we aren’t strong enough to get up or it’s not worth the effort, or that we somehow deserve to be in the pit where we have fallen because it was our own doing that got us there.  I’m here to tell you that God is more interested in getting us to Heaven than we are in getting there.  That’s why He sent Jesus.  Psalm 40:2 says, “He brought me out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay and set my feet on a rock, and established my goings.”  That rock is Jesus.

Have you fallen, beloved one?  Let God pull you out of the pit and set you in Jesus and establish you.  And if you fall into the same pit the very next day, let God pull you out of the pit and set you in Jesus and establish you.  And if you fall into the same pit the very next day, …a just man falls seen times and the Lord picks him up every time.  You are made righteous by the blood of Jesus, beloved ones.

You are going to fall.  Expect it.  But when you do, cry out, “Help.  I’ve fallen and the Lord picks me up”, then let Him do it.  Learn the new jingle, my friends and become transformed by the renewing of your minds.



No longer afraid of falling, Your sister, Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment