Monday, November 11, 2013

All Your Need

November 11, 2013

Good Morning My Beloved ones,

     I pray that your faith is not in what you see, but in the Unseen God who sees and knows all.
      Today I want to talk to you about “All your Need”.  Phillipians 4:19 says, “But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”  This is one of the most quoted scriptures in the Bible.  Do you believe it?  Has God met all your need?  If not, it could be that you aren’t in need.


     We Americans know very little about need.  Did you know that I Timothy 6:8 says that we are to be content with having food and clothes?  Not a house, not a car that runs.  Everything else is extra – blessing bestowed upon us by God.  In fact, I’d go as far as to say that the majority of us, including myself, could be better described by James 5:5 “Ye have lived in pleasure on this earth and been wanton.  Ye have nourished your hearts as in a day of slaughter.”

     Am I saying it’s wrong to have things? NO- as long as our things don’t have us.  The Apostle Paul put it this way: “But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish and hurtful lusts which drown man in destruction and perdition.”

     How can our God supply all our need if we are never in need?  If we can rely upon our own two hands, and ingenuity to get us everything we want, what need have we of God at all?

     I need God, beloved ones.  I need His unconditional love, His grace, His mercy, His forgiveness, His salvation.  So do you.  The danger is in being so consumed by the extras that we never recognize the need.  Acknowledge your need of God, my friends, and He will supply that need from His riches in glory through Jesus Christ.  Be thankful for and enjoy the extras He’s blessed you with and if you only have food and clothing, be content.  If we could learn to let go of the things that lead to foolish and hurtful lusts, we would see that all we need is Jesus.  And my God has supplied that need for each one of us.

With every need supplied, Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment