Monday, February 24, 2014

What are you hungry for?

February 24, 2014
Good Morning My Beloved Ones,
    I pray that nothing that may come upon you today can diminish your joy- for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
    Today I want to talk to you about “What are you hungry for?”  Have you ever just stood in front of the refrigerator scanning its contents and finding nothing you want to eat?  You’re hungry, but you’re not sure what you are hungry for.  You’re not sure what is going to satisfy.

    My granddaughters are the pickiest eaters I’ve ever seen.  They always seem to be starving until I set a plate in front of them.  Then suddenly, they are not hungry anymore.  When I call them on it, they say, “I’m hungry, but not for THAT”.  Once in a great while I can get them to taste something and they discover that they do like it and begin to eat.


    This world is full of hungry people looking into the eyes of others, into books, into bars, into churches, trying to find out what they are hungry for; but nothing seems to satisfy.  They eat their fill of these things and are still hungry – still searching.  They are hungry for Jesus and only He will take away the endless hunger they feel.
    Do you know the purpose of the appetizer course in a restaurant?  Most people think it’s to tide you over until the meal comes.  The true purpose of an appetizer is to whet your appetite – to make you hungry for more.  Jesus is like that.  If you will taste and see that the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8), you will find that He not only satisfies your craving, but makes you hungry for more.
    I’ve discovered Jesus to be an all-you-can-eat buffet.  The more of Him I taste, the more I want, and there is an endless supply.  Are you hungry, beloved ones?  Shut the refrigerator door.  It’s Jesus you are hungry for.  Taste and see that the Lord is good.  Jesus satisfies the soul.

No longer hungry - Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment