Saturday, February 28, 2015

Fess Up


Good Morning My Beloved Ones,

      I pray that every day you choose not to do what is easy or convenient but what is right.

     Today I want to talk to you about “Fess Up”.  Every time I watch an episode of Cops, I see the same thing.  The police pull someone over and says, “I’m going to search your car and your


pockets.  If you tell me right now what I’m going to find, it will go a lot easier on you.”  Without fail, they always say there is nothing to find and when the drugs, guns, stacks of money or stolen property turns up, they are always shocked!  “It’s not mine.  I don’t know how that got there.”  We seem to think that if we deny something vehemently enough, people will believe it’s true.  But it doesn’t work that way.  God said in Numbers 32:23, “Be sure your sin will find you out.”




    It’s always been this way from the very beginning.  In the Garden of Eden after partaking of the forbidden fruit, God called to Adam, “Where are you?  What have you done?”  He answered, “The woman you gave me gave me the fruit”.  When He asked Eve, she answered, “The serpent beguiled me and I did eat.”  From the beginning, the things we’ve done have always been someone else’s fault.  No one accepts responsibility for his own actions.  No one “fesses up”.


     In I John 1:9 God says, “If we confess our sins He (Jesus) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”  God, like the policeman on Cops is saying, “If you tell me right now what you’ve done, it will go easier on you.”

     Consider for a moment what might have happened in the Garden of Eden if Adam and Eve had just ‘fessed up instead of making excuses.  Perhaps God in His love and mercy would’ve forgiven them, the world would not have fallen in sin and we could all be living in paradise right now.  Makes me wonder how many people are affected each time I fail to ‘fess up. 

Let us walk in truth, beloved.   Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment