Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Haven't Got a Prayer

Good Morning My Beloved Ones,

      I pray that when there seems to be nowhere to turn, you choose to turn to prayer.

     Today I want to talk to you about “Haven’t got a Prayer”.  I am very blessed to have loving, caring brothers and sisters in the Lord who will pray for me at any time, in any situation, with a single phone call.  I haven’t always had this, though.  There have been times in my life when I’ve felt completely and utterly alone and was too distraught to pray for myself.  I could’ve used the group of prayer warriors that I now rely on in those times.

    Have you ever been in a situation where there seemed to be no way out, no answer in sight, leaving you feeling helpless and
hopeless?  Perhaps you are there now.  It’s been said of ones in this condition that they “haven’t got a prayer”.  But no matter how desperate your situation, I’m here to tell you, you’ve got a prayer - in fact, you’ve got two.

     Romans 8:26, 27 tells us that the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us according to the will of God.  The word “intercession” means to stand in the gap or to represent the needs of one who is unable to do so for himself.  When you are unable to pray and there’s no one around to pray for you, the
Holy Spirit Himself represents your needs to the Father and His prayers are better than that of any human prayer warrior because he always prays God’s will for your life.

     And if the Holy Spirit praying for you isn’t enough, listen to what Romans 8:34 says: “Christ has died and is risen again and sits at the right hand of the Father to make intercession for us.”  Jesus prays to the Father for you, beloved ones!  No situation is hopeless when 2/3 of the Godhead is praying on your behalf to the other third who is able to do all things!

     Next time the enemy would like to convince you that you haven’t got a prayer, remind him who prays on your behalf.  Stand firm in the knowledge that God knows, God cares and God, Himself, prays for you.  No wonder it’s said there is power in prayer!


In good company as I pray for you, Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment