Saturday, December 6, 2014

Wild Grapes

Good Morning My Beloved Ones,

     I pray that you are bright lights shining in the darkness and that no man can extinguish your flame.

Today, I want to talk to you about "Wild Grapes".  Grapes are a wonderful fruit God has given us.  They are sweet, full of anti-oxidants, make juice, jellies and fine wines and are used to represent the blood of Christ in communion services.  But those grapes that grow wild and are not cultivated are hard, bitter, sour, and sometimes poisonous.  They'll grow up and choke out the good grapes if they are allowed to.

     I quote Isaiah 5:1-6,"My well-beloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill and he fenced it and gathered out the stones therein and planted it with the choicest vine and built a tower in the midst of it and also made a winepress therein, and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.  What more could have been done to my vineyard, that I have not done in it?  Why then, when I looked for grapes, did it bring forth wild grapes?  And now I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard:  I will take away the hedge thereof and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down, and I will lay it waste..."

     Jesus said in John 15:5, "I am the vine, ye are the branches".  I believe we've just read a description of our day and time.  I believe the very fruitful hill my well-beloved planted his vineyard in could represent the United States of America.  God hedged this nation about with His protection, founded this nation on His principles and gave us His Word and a constitution to live by and expected to see a sweet, healthy society grow up.  But look around you today, my friends, and you will see wild grapes in abundance.  Selfish, unholy, lovers of self more than lovers of God, choosing every evil thing and calling it good and doing whatever they can to choke out the good grapes in the land.

     What shall God do with this vineyard?  He'll take away the hedge (the protection) and break down the wall (that keeps the enemies out) and allow it to be trodden down and laid waste.

     I tell you these things, not to scare you, beloved ones, but so that you can be prepared as you see these things come to pass.  But notice
in our passage, the Lord also built a tower in the midst of the vineyard.  Proverbs 18:10 tells us that the name of the Lord is a strong tower that the righteous run into and they are saved.  Praise God!

     You need not fear a land overrun by wild grapes nor the removal of its protection or an invading enemy.  The good grapes are not appointed unto wrath.  Run into the tower, my friends.  Dwell in Jesus.  Let Him dwell in you and you'll be saved from the wrath to come.

One of the branches,  Raelynn







No comments:

Post a Comment