Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Never Alone

Good Morning My Beloved Ones,

     I pray that with every breath you are singing the Lord's praises and thanking Him for His wonderful salvation!

     Today I want to talk to you about "Never Alone".  I want to share a concept with you today that if you can grasp it and hold on to it should bring you much peace and comfort in any situation.
     We know from the time we are young that in order to be "saved" we ask Jesus "into our heart".  To most of us, that is just the Christian lingo used to say that we asked forgiveness of our sins and have pledged to serve Jesus with our lives.  But the truth is...Jesus does live in our hearts.  "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (I Corinthians 3:16)  And because He is always with us, we are never alone.  This is why God has promised to never leave us nor forsake us.  He lives there.  It's His home.  He won't leave unless He's evicted.

     In tough times we hear, "Well, the Lord is with you, it will be ok", and we picture God hovering over our shoulder or being "out there somewhere" watching us.  The truth is, once you've accepted Christ, He is much, much nearer.  He holds your hand when you are frightened.  He's wiping away every tear you shed.  He wraps His arms around you when you are grieving, and when you feel lonely, He whispers in your ear "I am here".

     Keeping this in mind, consider the passage in Psalm 23, "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me."  I don't know about you, my friends, but knowing that I am never alone fills me with peace, joy and courage!

     Have you ever wondered why those who have lived a life serving the Lord seem so at peace when they die?  Most believe it's because they know where they are going.  That's part of it, I'm sure.  But I believe it's because God opens their spiritual eyes and they see Jesus sitting at their bedside holding their hand and they hear Him say, "Come with Me.  Today you shall be with Me in Paradise."  As they leave hand in hand with Jesus, they feel the joy that comes with knowing that He's been right there all along.

     Know that joy today, beloved ones!  Even if you are the only one in the room, you are never alone - Jesus is with you!

In Christ, and He in me - Raelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment